I’d like to invite you to create an anxiety management plan.
I’ve compiled a list of things in each topic that I’ve found particularly helpful. If you have additions, feel free to contribute via reblog or reply.
Something to touch:
- Fleece blanket
- Necklace chain
Something to See:
- Picture books
- Photo Album
- Digital folder of calming/comforting pictures
Something to Hear:
Something to Smell (if applicable):
- Scented candles
- Certain objects in room (i.e. pillow, blanket, etc)
Something to Taste:
- Hard Candies
- Oral sensory objects
Calming Techniques and Other Stuff
- Rocking - allows brain to re-hydrate; so-called “Instinctual” soothing method
- Feel-Your-Seat - Quite literally. What are you sitting on? What does it feel like? How is your body responding to you sitting?
- Belly-Breathing - Place one hand on your chest and one hand on your belly. Take slow, deep breaths focusing on making sure your belly hand raises higher when you breathe in. Do this for seven counts.
Anyone have any more?